In light of the current state of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we have put several guidelines in place to keep our North American, Dominican and Haitian partners safe and healthy. These guidelines are subject to change depending on recommendations of the US and Dominican governments, the CDC and WHO.
– Upon arrival, a rapid COVID-19 test may be administered at the Santiago airport by Dominican officials.
– Team members need to bring their own masks and hand sanitizer to carry with them at all times.
– Masks will be worn indoors at all times, except within the team’s own dorm, when only the team is present. If local leaders or GO Kids are visiting, all parties will wear masks and will maintain appropriate distance while sharing meals.
– As always, everyone will use hand-washing/sanitation stations before going through meal lines.
– Dorms will not be filled to capacity – we ask that team members alternate beds, to avoid sleeping directly next to fellow team members. This decreases the chance of cross-exposure.
– Vehicles will be for team/facilitator transportation only. Masks should be worn in vehicles, and windows will be kept open to maximize airflow.
– Dorms and vehicles will be sanitized daily.
– A GO Medical staff member will complete an in-person midweek check with team members to ensure no one is exhibiting symptoms.
– In the event that a team member does show symptoms, a GO Medical staff member will be contacted immediately for phone triage. If deemed necessary, the team member will visit the clinic for an in-person assessment. The team member will potentially be immediately tested, rather than awaiting the mandatory test 3 days prior to leaving.
– Per US mandate, all team members will be tested three days prior to traveling home, in order to obtain negative test results and readmittance into the United States.
– Positive test results will warrant quarantine in a GO facility. The team member will receive daily check-ups from GO Medical staff. Team members will not be released for travel until they receive negative PCR test results.
– Our staff is following all CDC recommendations to prevent the exposure of COVID-19 and keep our partners safe and healthy.