GO Ministries’ single largest fundraising event of the year is volunteering at the Kentucky Derby, and we need your help!
This year, with the help of over 500 volunteers, GO will raise more than $100,000 towards empowering leaders to make disciples. Funds from this year’s Derby will go directly towards GO Ministries’ Disciple-First Sponsorship Program. To learn more about Disciple-First Sponsorship, CLICK HERE.
Here are the details: Fanatics Inc. is the official merchandise provider for the Kentucky Derby and Oaks. Fanatics provides all of the products while GO Ministries sets up and staffs their souvenir booths.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
VOLUNTEER. We need to fill 550 volunteer slots over 14 days. Shifts volunteers can help with set-up, merchandise sales, or tear-down, and you can sign up to serve as many days as you’d like! Volunteers must be at least 15 years old.
SPREAD THE WORD. Please share this info with friends, family, church members, and coworkers who may be interested in serving. This is a great group service project opportunity. Let us know if you want to recruit a team! CLICK HERE to Contact.
Set-Up – Monday, April 25-Monday, May 2: 10 volunteers per day to set up
Opening Night – Saturday, April 30: 15 volunteers to sell
Beginning of Derby Week – Tuesday, May 3-Wednesday, May 4: 40 volunteers per day to sell
“Thurby” Thursday: 70 volunteers to sell
Oaks Friday: 120 volunteers to sell
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do we meet and when?
- Parking is available at the expo center and shuttles bring groups over roughly every 15 minutes. The buses will drop you off at our meeting points. More details will be emailed closer to the event.
- Is there a uniform?
- Yes! All volunteers should wear khaki pants, an official Derby polo (provided by us when you check in), and comfortable shoes. You will stand most of the day.
- What will I be doing?
- Volunteers work the cash registers, answer basic questions for customers (prices, size availability, etc.), and occasionally restock items.
- Will I be trained?
- Yes! Each day a location manager will show everyone how to work the cash register, which is a basic Android system. Managers are available throughout the day in case of technical problems.
- Will there be breaks during the day? Lunch? Restroom Breaks?
- Yes! Everyone will have a lunch break and your lunch will be brought to your location. Restroom breaks can be rotated with your fellow volunteers. Each location will have bottled water and light snacks.
- This sounds awesome. I want to serve! How do I sign up?
- CLICK HERE to sign up!
If you are interested in bringing a group of 10+ from out of town and need help securing housing or have other questions, please email Sydney English at firstname.lastname@example.org.