Due to extreme poverty, many children have poor nutrition or even go without a meal each day in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. GO Ministries currently has 11 Nutrition Centers that provide adequate physical nourishment to at-risk children through our Nutrition Programs by offering daily meals (6 days a week). We also give them spiritual nourishment through discipleship and by helping them develop basic life skills.
Nearly 600 children attend Colegio Isaias Evangelico Emmanuel, a private Christian school in Hoya del Caimito, Santiago that prepares future generation of leaders.
40% of Dominicans live in poverty, and only 25% of Dominican children complete high school, mostly due to economic strain on their families. Even public school is expensive for Dominican families with the cost of uniforms and supplies. Many children trade low-income jobs for school after the 8th grade, if not before.
Through the GO Kids! Sponsorship Program, we are able to offer these families an otherwise unattainable private Christian school education for students pre-K through 8th grade.
This education offers opportunities unavailable in public schools including: classroom sizes limited to 25 students with caring teachers, regular access and use of our library, a computer lab, an over-all superior learning environment and regular exposure to knowing Jesus as Lord.
Due to poverty, many children go without a meal or with poor nutrition each day in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. GO Ministries seeks to provide adequate physical and spiritual nourishment to at risk children through our Nutrition programs by offering daily meals (6 days a week), spiritual curriculum, opportunities for further discipleship as well as developing basic life skills in order to provide redemptive futures for the children.
What We’re Doing Now
We currently have 11 Nutrition programs in the following communities:
- Hoyo de Bartola
- Pata de Gallina
- Los Guandules
- Hato del Yaque
- Los Pérez
- Batey 9
- Batey Cuchilla
- San Marcos
- La Mosca
- Brisa de Ocampo
- Phaeton, Haiti (1 day a week)
Through GO Partnership we:
- Track funding and expenses
- Provide spiritual development curriculum and train leaders to utilize it
- Offer regular opportunities for deeper discipleship for children who are interested
- Develop various community development projects appropriate for children to provide opportunities for personal growth and the development of basic skills
- Offer various workshops or classes that teach the children a skill
- Provide redemptive opportunities that will give children an alternative to simply being in the streets